Wednesday, January 12, 2011

UNFORTUNATE EVENT

Terrible snow the last couple of days.  Very slick.  I was leaving a conference at another parish in the midst of a snowstorm.  As I drove slowly across the parking lot, approaching the street, a boy on a bike swooped across the parking lot and turned to go onto the sidewalk.  His bike lost traction in the snow sending him sliding on the ground toward the front of my car.  Of course I turned to avoid him, and also slid.  I was watching him, of course, and happily missed him; he (undoubtedly embarrassed) jumped back on the bike and took off (even faster) down the sidewalk without even glancing in my direction.  I had heard a grating sound, and now looked to my right and saw, to my horror, that I'd scraped some sign at the side of the driveway.  I backed away from it, and all seemed well.  I drove across town to get the kids from school, worrying about the damage.  I was hoping that there wasn't a dent; from the sound it seemed hopeless to think there wouldn't be a scrape.  So, imagine my horror when I saw this!  There had been no impact at all!  I must have hit that sign going about two miles an hour, if that.  Imagine a real accident!
I don't want to!

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Dents can be easily fixed but not so for bodies. Sorry that it happened.

What was a kid doing out in a snowstorm riding a bike????

Rachael said...

Oh no!!