Friday, January 14, 2011

BIG JOB


Jinhui scraping the gym floor
 Friday I came into Summit and found about twenty kids spread around the room, all removing wax from the gym floor.  This is one satisfying task!  The many layers of wax actually come up rather easily.....and, in fact, you can catch a corner with your fingernail and pull up sections without any tools.  And, there is a sort of challenge to get the biggest piece up.....all the while, the kids can chat, of course.  I couldn't help myself, there was a draw......   I got down there myself and started working; it's like eating chips - hard to stop! 

Estimates were that it would cost several thousand dollars to sand it, so - why not use ready labor?

1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

Good community project. The student sure is cute.