Monday, February 7, 2011

ABUNDANCE

One thing I like a lot a lot about the kids' school is that they allow them to eat and drink in class.  Maybe in a larger school this would get out of hand, but these are really good kids who police themselves quite well.  Having read what Dr. Purvis has to say about early trauma and brain chemistry, I am even more pleased that eating every couple of hours is a possibility for Anastasia.  And, I've found that some of my children just are not hungry so soon after waking up that they can eat a decent breakfast at home.

Here is the array of items Mrs. Knagg has out for the kids to purchase - at cost - during breaks.  She might try apples, as they last longer.  She did try bananas, but the kids didn't seem to choose them over the possibly-less-healthy alternatives. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these little glimpses in your life!

Tina in CT said...

I never eat after getting up. I like to wait an hour or more and bring my breakfast to work each day (yoghurts)so I can relate.

Unknown said...

That reminds me of the school shop from my junior school back in the days...