Monday, March 7, 2011

SORRY

I shouldn't post this, but I thought it was so funny.  Nastia became acquainted with a boy on-line, and eventually - because he lives nearby - it became appropriate to "get together".  So, it was agreed that an outing to the roller rink would be  suitable.  So, I packed up my lesson-planning books, picked up a friend for Zhenya (who was going as a second chaperon) and we went to the rink.  For a half an hour, at least, the young man's progress toward the rink was monitored via text.  Then - he arrives - shrowded from view by a monastic hood.  Nastia disappears into the ladies' room.  Boy sits and waits.  Nastia hides in corner; boy waits.  Eventually she comes over to me and waits.  He waits.  So - here you see in the foreground Nastia, and in the background, with the cowl, the gentleman friend.  They are texting each other. 

I got fed up and went to the snack bar (had to finish reading II Samuel, and they turned the lights down - as an aside I really do not care for King David).  When I came back - lo!  They were skating, not exactly together, but within two or three yards of one another.  Later, I asked if they talked, and it seems like perhaps they barely spoke.  But no sooner were we in the car than the phone was in action for a texting-fest.

I think it is much easier for Anastasia when her "boyfriends" are in Iowa or Ontario.  Definitely easier for me.  But Zhen had fun.

1 comment:

Ciska said...

That's just hilarious!