Sunday, June 5, 2011

STRANGER AT THE TOP OF THE STAIRS

It was fun to try to take a photo that would give the same impression that I got when, yesterday, I innocently headed up the stairs to the storage area at church to put some items away.  I didn't really capture it, though, because it was a lot darker, and only when I got quite near the top of the stairs did that "statue" or whatever dreadful thing it is, sort-of loom out at me.  I gasped, because initially I just saw a face in the darkness.  And, it is an ugly specimen - not quite a religious statue, it is almost reminiscent of some sort of quasi-"inspirational" set-up in a department store.  I expect it is up there because it was a donation unsuitable for use in church, but which couldn't be rejected for some reason.   At any rate, it got my blood flowing!   

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I would have had the same reaction.

MyGirlElena said...

It looks so spooky! The location where they put it doesn't help either.

Anonymous said...

Hola,

erais visitados por el pensamiento simplemente excelente
http://www.ddl17.com/
Miato

Karine said...

that means you have a gift to see thru the veil... to see angels... and sometimes... demons...but its a gift.... we should talk... YOu need my email.... This can protect you and help you in life.... and once you are ok with it...it will come more natural and you will not fear it.